The only thing that has me scratching my head is how the removal of 1/3 of a rail has somehow resulted in the accumulation of objects in her bed that Cameron.cannot.do.without. Nothing can be removed and every item must have it's special place before she is put into bed with a last kiss goodnight. I don't mind Cameron's OCD tendancies. Hell, I have a few myself! But I worry we are rapidly running out of room for her among all the stuff.
Here's what she is currently hoarding:
- Two blankies (made curtesy of Mimi)
- One lovie
- 3 pacifiers (don't judge, she only gets them at home for sleeping)
- 1 Raggedy Andy, 1 Raggedy Anne doll (handmade by a family friend)
- Two stuff dogs (named Buddy and Doggie respectively)
- A camo bracelet (one of those "Live Strong" type bracelets I got from work for a training bootcamp and I have no idea why she is obsessed with it)
- A medal from her last day at Little Gym
- One baby doll (named baby, natch)
- A random McDonald's Happy Meal toy (BTW, what is up with paper bags instead of boxes for Happy Meals? Total rip off.)
- Elmo doll
- Elmo figure from her BFF Holden
- Big blanket
So far DH and I have just kind of rolled with it but I see that list in black and white and I kind of cringe a little. What things do your kids bring to bed? Are your lists as ridiculously long as ours? I will note that Cameron is content to stay in her bed playing until past 7 on weekends so perhaps there is a silver lining to this?