Friday, August 13, 2010

Just like mommy

DH picked up Cameron the other day and he told me that when he entered the room he couldn't see her right away. He said hello to the teacher who was in the middle of a diaper change. Looking around the room DH spotted Cameron sitting up on a pile of mats. She was sitting quietly "reading" a book while the other kids played with toys. Ah, that's mommy's little bibliophile!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned before that I am a voracious reader. I can knock out a book in a few hours. Well, mysteries and trashy romance novels at least. My fantasy books tend to be 600+ pages so that takes a little longer. DH likes to tell the story about when the last Harry Potter arrived in our mailbox one afternoon. I grabbed the book and immediately started reading. I finished the book before bed...it probably took about 5-6 hours to read. What I like the most about reading is that I am a bit of a skimmer so when I go back and re-read a book I can always find new things in it. At least that is my excuse for re-reading books up to dozens of times. How about the rest of you? Do you re-read books? Do you hoard books like me, only purging them for Goodwill every several years?

Cameron has only let me put her in pigtails once but doesn't she look so freaking cute?

DH calls this Cameron's members only jacket. Lately she has been requesting (by pointing, not verbally) to wear a jacket as soon as she comes home from school. Yes, Cameron will hate me for this picture when she gets older but how funny is this shot?

No comments: