Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

Now that I am almost 17 weeks, I have noticed that there are quite a few changes going on both in my life and in my body.
  1. I wear maternity clothes. I broke the seal last week and started wearing maternity pants. I had managed to make it through the last few weeks with a belly band (allows you to wear your pants unbuttoned) but my button down shirts, though large, weren't working any more. Fortunately I had a trip to Mommy, Esq's. She hooked me up with lots of clothes. (Note: this does not mean I won't be buying more clothes, so don't get your hopes up, DH!) Can someone please explain why so many maternity tops want you to display your cleavage? V-necks do not have to go down to the navel!
  2. I touch my belly in public. Early last week DH and I went grocery shopping. I was feeling particularly fat so I figured if I rest my hand on my tummy I'll look more pregnant. I didn't take a poll or anything so I have no idea if it worked but now I just can't stop. That's not to say I want other people touching my belly. Hands off! So far it hasn't happened but with this new habit, coupled with the maternity clothes, I'm sure it will soon.
  3. I go to the bathroom. Constantly. I'm up to 3 times a night. I only use our master bathroom at night because it is too small to get ready for work in. The worst is when DH forgets to bring in an extra roll of TP and I have to got to the linen closet and get some at 2 AM. I'm saving up to have him get the kid in the middle of the night so I don't ask DH. Yet. We'll see if it happens when I really pop out and start waddling.
  4. I drink milk. A big glass once a day, in fact. This is the most milk I've had since I was a kid. I even crave it sometimes. I hope this lasts beyond pregnancy since osteoporosis runs in the family. Yes, I take a daily vitamin too.
  5. I'm nesting. I'm obsessed with making sure everything is in its proper place. On tap for this weekend is cleaning out cabinets in the kitchen and mud room. Plus a stop at Target for containers to store linens and non-maternity clothes I am storing. I am completely looking forward to it. Sad, but true. I so can't wait to find out the sex of the baby so I can really add to the "honey do" list for DH. Once the nursery is complete I'm sure I'll feel better.
  6. I don't sleep on my stomach. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration. I do find myself waking up on my tummy occasionally but it is increasingly hard to fall asleep that way. And I wake up a lot more at night because I have rolled onto my stomach. I'm really going to miss that sleeping position. Sniff.

What about the rest of my readers who are or have been pregnant? What else do I have to look forward to?

2 comments:

Donna said...

A's friend here - well I have been pregnant twice and I can tell you that you can look forward to waddling (I did with my first not so much with my second). You can look forward to copious secretions, and I will leave it at that. You can also look forward to having those V-neck tops show off your blossoming boobs (at least for me - it is the only time I actually have any). Congrats and cherish every moment - even the hard ones. It goes by so, so fast.

Mimi said...

Please tell me what DH stands for. . :)