Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What goes around comes around

My mother is probably chuckling as I type this. DH and I just wrapped up our anatomy ultrasound and found out we are having a baby girl. I suspected we were going to have one for a variety of reasons and my suspicion was born out. Our little girl will join her cousins (Finn, Ned and Penny) in March.

Needless to say, we are quite thrilled. A trip to Home Depot for paint selections is right around the corner! I'm a total planner so I had to know the sex. How else could I indulge in a very girly or ultra little boy nursery? I'm thinking fairies and purples and greens. We'll see what the budget allows for...

But why, may you ask, is Grammie chuckling? I think she is looking ahead to the puberty years. The 3 of us gave her no small amounts of hell between the ages of 12 and 18. What can I say? College mellowed us.

But before we fast forward 12+ years, in 5 months I will have a snuggly little girl to coo over. And force to wear adorable dresses and other girly outfits. Don't worry, no matching outfits! I got enough of that for the first 6 years of my life with A. and Mommy, Esq.

5 comments:

T. said...

Congratulations!! So excited for you and Jeremy!!

Mommy, Esq. said...

If Allie has a boy then my hand-me-downs from Ned and Penny will be evenly divided!

And for the record we were GOOD teenagers - no sex, drugs, drinking, arrests, etc.

H said...

I'm trying to imagine you cooing...

Oh and if we're going to go with fairies, what about your beloved unicorns!

And I'm not sure college mellowed you:)

Donna said...

If I had girls I was going to do the purple, fairy theme! Congrats -- but a word of advice on the teenage years, I would hide those books by Jacqueline Carey. ;o)

(A's friend)

A. said...

I echo Helen, the cooing thing doesn't sound right.

Congrats, I'm super-excited to buy cute outfits for my newest niece (since I will probably never have a girl of my own to shop for...).

Mommy Esq, you're going to have to spread the wealth of Ned's clothes around a bit more than you think - remember, I already HAVE a boy, and thus lots of boy clothes....