Monday, September 28, 2009

Six month stats

As of 9/28/09 Cameron is:

26 inches long (50%)
16 pounds, 2 ounces (50%)
42 1/2 cms head (50%)

She is perfectly average all around! So everyone who stops me and tells me how little she is can suck it :-) Yes, not nice but it's a little insulting to hear, "She's so little" all the time.

Cameron was a real trooper with the shots. She didn't cry at all for the first shot and only for 30 seconds after the other two. The doctor's office didn't have the combo shot on hand so we did the Rotavirus oral followed by the first dose of the regular flu shot, Hib and DTaP. In a month we'll go back for the second flu shot, Prevnar and Polio vaccines. I decided to give Cameron the regular flu shot because she is in daycare and has already had two colds. There is no guarantee that this year's flu shot is the right "kind" of flu but if there is a chance to avoid illness, I'll take it. I plan on getting my own flu shot this year for the first time in 10 years. The last thing I want is to be sick while taking care of a baby!

I spoke with the doctor about two issues: Cameron's fluid intake and the H1N1 virus. On the feeding front it has been a struggle to get Cameron to eat even 24 ounces a day. It is usually more like 20-21 ounces. But the doctor wasn't concerned so I'm trying to be less worried on my end. It's hard though...

On the H1N1 front I simply asked whether we should be concerned about having the vaccine rushed into production. Her philosophy is that it's the same delivery system as the regular flu shot. I've been leaning towards getting the H1N1 for Cameron (and myself) simply because it really has been making the rounds and I hear it hits a lot harder, symptom-wise, than the regular flu. I'm still not 100% positive but I have some time to noodle on it and come to a final decision. The vaccine won't be out until October and I'm hearing November is more likely.

I'm working from home this week as DH leave on a business trip tomorrow. Cameron is taking what is sure to be a very long nap right now in her crib. Then DH will bring her to daycare. It's nice that we have that flexibility in our working lives to do that. And I know that she will really nap, as opposed to the 20-30 minute stretches she does at school!

2 comments:

Mommy, Esq. said...

Small? I wouldn't say that! Cute with just the right amount of pudge. I decided yesterday that Penny must be really small since 4 people at the mall asked us if they were the same age.

H said...

I don't think she seems small at all (I mean I don't know much-but both times I've had the pleasure to see her, she seemed just perfect)