Sunday, March 1, 2009

March will hopefully be the month of the baby

Happy March 1st, everyone.

4 weeks to go! True, the estimated due date is just that but I am hopeful that the baby will decide March is a much better month to come than April. Not to insult April as a birthday month - mine is on April 6th. I'm just looking forward to being a mom!

According to my weekly pregnancy newsletter the little one should be about 6 pounds by now. However, my family history would indicate that my baby is probably a little smaller. DH and I are going to our final ultrasound on Tuesday so we'll see what the estimate of the baby's weight is then. Although those estimates tend to be extremely unreliable.

Perhaps the best news about being 36 weeks is that by the end of the week I will be considered full term. So if I go early for some reason there should be few (if any) issues with the baby.

My weekly newsletter also tells me that I should not be able to eat full sized meals any more because the baby is taking up so much room. My gorging at PF Chang's followed by Ben & Jerry's ice cream last night doesn't lend credence to that.

My biggest complaint is that I am very uncomfortable by the end of the day at work. So I've started working from home a couple of days a week. It allows me to stretch out on the couch if I need it and not feel like I'm smooshing the baby.

1 comment:

Mommy, Esq. said...

Yes, this is the time you feel like a whale and it is exhausting just to SIT for a whole day. Good thing you can work from home. Give yourself a date to make sure all the projects are off your plate (or only minor cleanup). I also checked email for a few days from the hospital (hey, I got more rest there then when I was home). It makes it easier to keep clients happy if you quickly pass off the emails.