Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hi, my name is gullible, what's yours?

For years I have battled the gullible curse. I seem to have some kind of mental block that makes me automatically believe everything people tell me. Don't get me wrong, I love sarcasm and can usually spot it but if someone states something as fact I totally believe it.

When I was in NY recently at an off site the theme of the meeting was "flawless execution." To prove the point one of the executives showed the clip below as an example of what we should be striving for. Watch it, it's totally awesome.

I was so impressed by this video that I had to research it more. And of course, I was disappointed to learn that it was all fake. Microsoft had their dirty paws all over it which is probably why they tricked me. After all, I did download Windows XP and look where that got me...

So, am I alone in being completely gullible? Do you think women more than men are susceptible to being gullible?

2 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

Yeah Im pretty gulliable too, I just want to believe people won't lie or trick you! On the other hand I don't want to become too distrusting of people.

Gretchen said...

I'm right there with you - totally gullible. Not sure if there is a gender divide, but I feel pretty silly now and then! I think it might be analytic thinkers vs. creative thinkers? Let me know when you figure out the antidote!