Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Updates

Thanks to everyone who commented on my daycare search. DH and I do plan on going to the facilities during the week so we can meet the staff and get a better feel for how the kids are cared for. I have a feeling we will end up with one place initially and then switch to a "preferred" location in a few months. Here's hoping that a bunch of vacancies come up right around June!

This week at work was definitely challenging. It was hard for me to get my head back in the game (is it sad that I think of the High School Musical song as I type that?). Coming off of two weeks vacation and knowing that I'm in my last trimester makes me feel like now it's just a waiting game. I have to snap out of it because I still have 11 weeks to go!

It has also been surprisingly warm in Charlotte over the past few weeks. Temperatures have been in the 50s and 60s which makes me feel like Spring is just around the corner. I have to keep reminding myself that it's only January...

This weekend is going to be errand weekend. DH and I have lots of little things to get done. I would also like to clean the house but it's not that bad yet so we'll see if that happens. I should take advantage of the fact that I can still bend over now, though. After seeing Mommy, Esq. during her last trimester I'm not sure how long that will last! I'm waiting for the "cleaning nesting mode" to kick in that I've read about on some of the pregnancy message boards. One woman said she started cleaning at 1 AM and couldn't stop until 4:30! I'm lucky if I can motivate myself to head to the bathroom during that time. I'm much more of an organizer and picker-upper than a cleaner.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I'm sure I'll post again before Monday. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Mommy, Esq. said...

You've been organizing and cleaning for months. I never got the bug. Wish I had...